Family loses home and belongings to fire

         On the morning of Saturday, March 14, Blaize and Jade Maygard and their three children of the Pheasant Rump Nakota First Nation, lost their home and belongings to a devastating fire.

         The blaze was spotted on the roof by a neighbor, who rushed to the house to check and alert the family. Blaize and the children were home at the time, while Jade was at work. The home was located 17 kilometres north of Kisbey.

article continues below

         Everyone was able to make it out of the house, but unfortunately the family’s four cats and rabbit perished in the fire. The Maygards have insurance on the structure and contents.

         The home was a total loss and the family is staying at the Chaparral Inn in Arcola. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

         First responders attending the fire were the Kipling Fire Department, the Carlyle RCMP and Supreme Ambulance.

                  Brittany Hislop has set up a GoFundMe page for the family.

© Copyright Carlyle Observer

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Carlyle Observer welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus