The first skating rink and curling rink in Arcola was built in 1901. It was a low-frame building with the skating rink in the centre and a sheet of curling ice on each side.
The second rink was built around 1912, with a hip roof rink and a lean-to for two sheets of curling ice. In the summer of 1929, it was destroyed by a windstorm and was torn down in 1930.
The third rink was built in the early '30s, with Dr. MacRae paying for the materials and the construction done by volunteers. The rink consisted of two sheets of curling ice with a walkway in the middle. The skating rink was an outdoor rink.
The fourth was the Arcola Memorial Rink, built in 1947-48, to honour the brave men and women who fought in the Second World War. With the help of volunteers, a rink and curling rink was constructed in six months. This consisted of two hip roof buildings, with a walkway joining the two buildings. The curling rink had three sheets of ice. On September 27, 2001, the Arcola Memorial Rink was destroyed by an early-morning fire.
The current rink and curling rink was built adjacent to Prairie Place Hall. The rink was completed in 2002. The three-sheet curling rink was constructed by volunteers and was completed in time for the Boxing Day Bonspiel in 2004. The hall, skating rink and curling rink is now known as Prairie Place Complex, and as always in Arcola, the skating rink and curling rink have always gone hand-in-hand.